Our Board of Directors consist of the following members:
- President Kirby Nelson-Kirby was born and raised near Chicago, IL but has been visiting Estes Park since she was young. She even took her first steps in Glacier Basin Campground in Rocky Mountain National Park! In 2005, Kirby moved to Colorado for her undergrad, earning a Bachelor of Arts in Economics & Business from The Colorado College in Colorado Springs. She lived in the Springs and in Denver before moving to Estes Park in 2011. Here, Kirby met her now-husband Jordan, and enjoys lifestyle of hiking, camping, and exploring with their dog Harley. Kirby is a marketing and business development consultant and works closely with several local businesses on developing their marketing strategies. She is also a board member of Estes Park Nonprofit Resource Center and enjoys volunteering for many non-profits, including Summit Dog Rescue. Kirby is honored to be President of the the EVPC Board, and to give back to the place and people she loves so dearly.
- Vice President Kent Smith-I have owned and operated Smith Sign Studio since 1963 after learning and inheriting the business from my Dad with brief sojourns in teaching, school administration and professional theatre arts. I have been a member of many Chambers of Commerce and on their boards so I bring that experience to Partners for Commerce. I have also been involved with economic development, business incubator, urban renewal, consulting nationally and community sustainability groups for over 40 plus years.
- Secretary Charley Dickey (Membership)-Charley Dickey and his wife Kathleen operate Rustic Mountain Charm in downtown Estes Park. With Charley’s background in finance, business management, start-ups, sales and marketing, he also has started a local business consulting company called P & L Business Consulting. Upon moving to Estes Park, Charley immediately became involved with the civic life of Estes Park, fighting for the continuation of EPURA as a tool but under new management. While attending the Citizen’s Information Academy and the Citizen Police Academy, he had the opportunity to become acquainted with the Trustees, Mayor and Town Staff. He has continued to help represent the business community and work toward improving year round business to improve the local economy. He is the co-creator of the Economic Development Task Force from which the Estes Park Economic Development Corporation evolved. Charley also participates in the Downtown Parking Task Force and serves on several Boards such as Estes Valley Partners for Commerce, Downtown Business Partners and the GO NOCO RTA Board. He also participates in numerous local volunteer committees.
- Treasurer Paul Mueller-Paul is a CPA and a Grandfather, but he is not like your Grandfather’s CPA. While he has a good feel for the numbers, his passion is helping clients identify their long-term and strategic business goals. He uses his tax and accounting toolbox to measure, exploit and track progress towards achieving those goals.
- Diane Muno-Diane Muno is the owner of 5 retail businesses in Estes Park, CO. Prior to her retail launch she was in Health Care Receivables Management for 15 years in both the hospital and private sector environment. Diane is currently Secretary for Estes Valley Partners for Commerce, Past President and current board member for the Estes Park Wedding Association and on the boards of Rocky Mountain Performing Arts Center, Estes Park Economic Development Corporation and Estes Park Medical Center Foundation.
- Jon Nicholas (Education)-Jon Nicholas is the President/CEO of the Estes Park Economic Development Corporation, formed in August of 2013. In that role, he is committed to the economic vitality of the Estes Valley. Prior to that time, he served as the Business Resources Coordinator for the Estes Valley Library District, forming regional connections to resources for local business. Prior to that, his work included serving as an attorney in private practice in Washington, D.C. and Tokyo, Japan, and also as a campaign manager on political campaigns in Kansas and Michigan. He holds a B.B.A. from Washburn University of Topeka, and a Juris Doctor from the University of Chicago. Jon also serves on the Boards of Visit Estes Park and Estes Valley Partners for Commerce.
- Rob Pieper (Restaurant Partners)
- Greg Rosener
- Nick Smith-Brewer, Cook, Model American. After working on local code change the first 8 months of 2014 and successfully changing the local codes to better accommodate Breweries and ultimately all craft beverages, Nick was able to start legally developing his business. He opened the Lumpy Ridge Brewing Company on July 18,2015. Estes Valley Partners for Commerce helped not only facilitate communications with the town throughout the code change and development process, but they also facilitated relationships for Nick with other interested craft beverage and business people. Amen.
- McShan Walker
The purpose of the Board of Directors is to govern the activities of the Estes Valley Partners for Commerce; an association of business men and women who protect and promote the commercial interests of a broad cross-section of the business community.
Objectives Provide leadership dedicated to expanding the appeal of the organization through the oversight, development and implementation of a unique combination of products and services that create value added benefits for members.
Encourage the collaborative efforts of the membership.
Foster strategic partnerships with other organizations with common interests.
Continue to enhance the economic vitality, and global competitiveness of our community.
Develop regulations and policy that assist in the proper governance of the association.
Current Policy Projects
Board Member Oath of Office
Code of Ethics for Board Members
Confidentiality Policy for Employees, Volunteers and Board Members
Document Retention Policy
Social Media Adoption